Under the Atlantic Growth Strategy, the four Atlantic Canadian provinces and the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) are offering the Grow Export 2021 Program. This exporter readiness program will build the export capacity of small businesses in Atlantic Canada with the goal of enabling long-term economic growth in the region.
Grow Export will select 32 eligible SMEs, eight from each Atlantic Province to participate in the program. With the support of the provincial and federal governments, participation gives each SME access to an estimated $15,000 of valuable export training, coaching and consultation.
Grow Export 2021 Goals and Objectives
- Increase Atlantic Canada Exports
- Leverage sustainable growth in Atlantic Canada
- Increase the number of Atlantic Canadian SMEs exporting
- Increase the value of Atlantic Canadian SME exports
- Increase the percentage of Atlantic Canadian SMEs exporting to more than one market
To be considered for the Grow Export 2021 Program, you must be a registered business in Atlantic Canada that qualifies as an SME. As there are only eight available spots per province, there will be a selection process to finalize applicants. It is important to note that all selected businesses must agree to fully partake in all the required stages of the Grow Export Program.
To be eligible for Grow Export, the SME must:
- Have interest to sell its products and/or services outside of Canada.
- Have a developed product and/or service.
- Be available to fully participate in all required program activities, including:
- Needs Assessment Interview
- Training (virtual)
- Customer Discovery
- Social Media
- Export Budgeting – Cash Flow Projections
- Pricing Strategies for Export
- Sales Training
- Participate in coaching activities (online or via phone)
- Complete an Export Monthly Action Plan, (Export MAP) to guide export planning
- Participate in all program surveys
Participants accepted into the Grow Export 2021 Program will also be invited to participate in an Educational Trade Mission to the US in late winter 2022.
To apply for Grow Export 2021, please complete the application form and send to your provincial government representative, listed below. Grow Export 2021 will be taking 8 qualifying SMEs from each Atlantic province to participate. Please note, if accepted the fee to participate in the training and coaching components is $250 and the educational mission fee is also $250.
Applications for Grow Export 2021 Program will be accepted any time until May 28th, 2021.
As the purpose of this program is to build an export culture of SMEs in the Atlantic Provinces, all program partners and participants will have access to your name, contact information and company profile to promote collaboration and growth.
As well, to assess the effectiveness and to improve the quality of services supporting international business development efforts in Atlantic Canada, data gathered during this program will be shared among the following organizations: Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, Global Affairs Canada, NSACBDCs, the provinces of New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.
For more information, contact your provincial representative.
PEI – Bonnie MacDonald, Trade Development Officer, Innovation PEI, 902-620-3508, email@example.com
NL – Kevin Pomroy, Provincial Trade Commissioner, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, 709-729-1946, firstname.lastname@example.org
NB – Natujwa Maliondo, Business Development Associate, Opportunities New Brunswick, 506 470-9253, Natu.Maliondo@onbcanada.ca
NS – Jessica McCall, Export Development Executive, Nova Scotia Business Inc, 902-424-5448 email@example.com